What THEY say about Gen Y...
- The most High Maintenance in the world.
- Want to get promoted on their 2nd day.
- Demand flexibility.
- Want to share ideas early on
- They think they know more than they know.
- Parents too involved
- Grew up constantly supervised, coached, and rewarded for their behavior...
- High expectations-how is this beneficial for me now and in the future?
- Last supervisors were their parents- treated them like EQUALS!
- Most difficult to manage yet.
- Don't want to pay their dues and climb the ladder.
- 17 changes by the end of day 1.
- If u don't supervise them closely, they may go off in their own direction.
- Negative feedback could crush moral.
- They think they deserve a trophy just as they did growing up.
Do you agree with this characterization? Tell us which are accurate/inaccurate and why.