Watch a quick preview of Christian’s interview
Check out Christian’s responses to our Word Association Challenge under "Start Here"
Click “read more” for Christian’s full interview
Social & Interactive Media Strategist
Managing Partner at ThinkLabs Interactive
MBA at NYU’s Stern School of Business
Connect with Christian:
Starting with nothing, Christian has navigated through the ranks of the music business into the world of social & interactive media. In this interview he describes how he was able to make a name for himself managing bands under Sony & Universal and use new media to build massive communities for each of his acts. Christian was on the ground level of major developments in social media and community engagement - SnapFind, Meez, Meebo, MyYearbook, KiteTV, and others. He shares his path of success and breaks social media down into simple terms.
Bridging the gap between the music business and social media He would connect artists to the new media outlets to grow interactive communities (Ning platforms). With a huge inventory of users he started to collaborate with brands to build up awareness and exploded value for all involved. He was so into the brand building process that he shifted his focus to communications and building content vehicles for brands like Versace, L’Oreal, NBC Interactive, Pepsi Co., Viacom, Paramount Pictures, A&E Television Network, to name a few. Being interested in software development, Christian would build Facebook applications for brands, and other viral applications. He now does Social Media Strategy, Viral Production and Planning, app dev, mobile dev, and works heavily with emerging media.
Top 10 Takeaways: Christian discusses
- Common terms like “Interactive,” “Viral,” and “Platform.”
- How companies use social media to build communities and viral applications
- How other social networks can thrive alongside Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- The fragmentation and decentralization of the music business
- Starting out in the music business with nothing and how to be successful
- Transitioning between industries and having the foresight to see opportunities before they arise
- Living by and acting on a Thesis (Leveraged Buy-Outs)
- Advice to Young Professionals who feel stuck in their current situation
- Ways to step out of the box and find your own path or “Thesis”
- The most important thing he’s ever learned
What is the most valuable lesson you have taken from this interview?